The Professional Activities Fund (PAF) exists to enhance professional development activities in the engineering undergraduate program at UBC Vancouver. It is designed to support co-curricular activities and projects that lie outside of, yet are complementary to, the engineering curriculum. PAF is co-chaired by the APSC Dean and the EUS President. All PAF funded activities must be in support of this mandate.
Who is funded out of PAF?
Lots of different engineering groups! The PAF application is divided into the following categories, which have their own subdivisions:
To learn more in detail, be sure to check out the respective application pages.
- Check your eligibility and determine which category best fits your application.
- Visit the appropriate application page per your PAF category to learn more about completing your application.
- Wait for the appropriate adjudication body to evaluate your application. Learn more about it's governance structure.
- If you received funding:
• Congrats! Claim your funding.
• You will be required to submit a Final Report detailing the budget and outcomes of your project before August 31st of the current PAF school year.
Please note that these are firm deadlines. Contact us for any inquiries.
Here you will find a complete breakdown of how PAF works. Learn all about eligibility requirements, funding calculations, timelines and how the process is adjudicated.
PAF Funding is awarded in the three categories: Annual Faculty Requests, Travel & Conferences, and Projects. There are subcategories of Projects designated for Design Projects, Professional Development Opportunities and Other Projects. Create your application and apply!
Congratulations! We trust that the funds you’ve been awarded will allow you to develop skills and competency in areas that you otherwise may not have had the opportunity.