There are 3 types of PAF Projects:
- Design Projects (reserved for registered Engineering Design Teams)
- PD Opportunities (open to all, but commonly used by clubs)
- Other Projects (includes personal projects)
Applications for Projects are reviewed twice per year: once in September and once in January. The PAF Funding Committee will adjudicate these applications and recommend funding allocations to the PAF Governance Committee.
Funding for Projects is awarded by a student-faculty committee (PAF Funding Committee), based on the restrictions outlined in the PAF Guidelines. The committee may modify requests as they see fit. The committee may also request additional information as required.
Groups can only receive funding for a combined total of 5 Projects and/or PD Opportunities. The definition of separate projects is explained below. Decisions will be communicated to applicants no later than 30 business days following the application deadlines.
Submission Procedures for PAF 2023-24
PAF Projects Applications are administered twice in the year - in Term 1 and Term 2.
- Most PAF Projects applicants use the same application template throughout both the terms - known as the PAF Projects - General Application. This includes but is not limited to E-IDEAS (EDI Affinity) Groups, Program and Departmental Clubs as well as Industry and Professional Chapters.
- Design Teams (EDTs) have a separate application in Term 1 - combined with the Super Application. This helps ensure that EDTs do not submit redundant information. However, EDTs applying for PAF Projects in Term 2 will also use the General Application.
PAF Projects Categories
The Project category encompasses everything that falls outside of Travel and Conferences. Please read through each sub-section to determine which type of project you are conducting. All Projects must meet the funding criteria outlined below. Design Projects have additional funding criteria.