Participate in the UBC Applied Science Engineering Mentoring Program, which offers an outstanding opportunity to develop impactful relationships with industry professionals and other students, while developing vital communication skills.
Why Participate in the Applied Science Engineering Mentoring Program?
- Develop fundamental skills in successful relationship building and maintaining
- Gain support and clarity around career building transitions and network development
- Receive exclusive Mentorship Program Toolkits designed to support and enhance how best to engage and connect with industry professionals and other students
- Enhance your own leadership skills through peer-to-peer mentorship
- Begin establishing your network connections before graduation
Upper year students & Graduate students will engage in a triad-model of mentorship, where they will be matched with another student and an industry professional. With an emphasis on relationship-based networking, you will engage with your group while exploring themed outcomes designed to support and enhance career development.
I met an incredible mentor who helped me understand the next steps I need to take to succeed in Engineering as an international student.
It was invaluable to make connections with someone who has been in your shoes and can provide insight into possible career paths and any other advice.
|August 1 – September 18
|Application results will be sent to all applicants via email
|Mentoring groups are formed. Invitations to the Mentoring Kick-off Event are sent
|Between Oct 3 to Oct 13
|Mentees and mentors will each introduce themselves to their mentoring group via email
|October 13, Time TBD
|Mentoring Kick-off Event (Virtual)
|Between October to March
|Mentoring groups are expected to meet a minimum of three times throughout the program.
|March, Date TBD
|Mentoring Closing Event
Applications for the 2023-24 program are now open. Apply now: