Spaces available for request via EDTC:
Please note that there are restrictions on who can access these spaces.
- CHBE 104 (Limited to teams that have space in CHBE 104)
- EDC 101 (Competition Team Space, Composites Room, Downdraft Table)
- EDC 102 (Competition Team Space)
- EDC 211 (Shared Workshop, design space portion is available to all members. Fabrication space portion is limited to members that have completed MECH, ELEC, PHAS, or BCIT shop training.)
- EDC 213 (Shared Electronics Workroom)
- EDC 301, 303, 320 (Meeting/conference rooms)
- LMRS (Limited to teams that have space in LMRS)
Procedure for EDC, CHBE 104 & LMRS:
1. Have your Captain and Safety Officer attend the Training for Engineering Student Leaders
(July-September; mandatory) and attend the safety session and in-person space walkthrough.
If your team captain and/or safety officer did not do the in-person walkthrough at the Training for Engineering Student Leaders, then you are required to book a walkthrough with the APSC Safety and Facilities Officer by emailing a list of times you are available to the EDT Coordinator. The walkthrough approximately takes ten minutes.
2. Have all members complete the three mandatory online safety training courses on the UBC Risk and Safety Services website.
It is required that all members complete the training prior to any members obtaining access. Please note that for courses that must be completed annually, you will not receive a new certificate ID.
3. Email the EDT Coordinator an Excel spreadsheet with all the information listed below from your official design team email:
- Student Name (First Last)
- Student Number
- FOB number (first 6 digits in the bottom of the student card) - Marked with an asterisk (*)
- Training Status (EDTSO, EDI, other trainings must be complete)
- Rooms Requested (i.e. EDC 101)
*NOTE – Please do not edit columns in the template
EDC Long Term Space Requests
The Super Application will include a section on design team space needs, where teams can request long-term space access.
Access Expiry Dates
- EDC, CHBE – October 19th, 2023
- LMRS – October 19th, 2023
EDC Conference Rooms
Please note that EDC rooms on 3rd floor (301, 303, 320) may be available for limited use cases. Email EDT Coordinator for more details.