Student Group Approval and Renewal (SuperApp)
The SuperApp is an annual application process that student groups need to complete to be affiliated with the Faculty. To be eligible to receive resources (including funding, space, training and administrative support) from APSC and its departments, student groups or clubs must complete the SuperApp and required trainings.
Mandatory Trainings (Training for Engineering Student Leaders)
The annual Training for Engineering Student Leaders (TESL), formally known as Applied Science Student Leadership Symposium (SLS), is a mandatory orientation for student leaders across Engineering. The TESL 2022 will consist of a series of online workshops tailored specifically to prepare Engineering student leaders, execs and team leads for their roles in the upcoming year. Different types of student groups have different requirements. Attendance is mandatory for all team captains/co-captains, safety officers and finance/treasurer position holders to attend the orientation in order to be eligible for PAF Funding.
Registration Deadline: Monday, July 18 at 11:59 pm
Our registration form has now closed. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any registration inquiries.
Friday, July 22 – Friday, September 30
- Mandatory Canvas modules to be completed
Mid September – early October
- Live Zoom Q&A Sessions for select topics
- Opportunity to book office hours w/ Facilitators for your questions
Early-Mid January – PAF Application Results
**A quick update about PAF for Term 1 from APSC PD and the PAF Funding Committee:
Student Groups will be asked to meet with the committee only if there are any questions/concerns
- In an effort to streamline the application, student groups will only be asked to be available for questions if the committee flags their application
- If there are no concerns with an application, you will not be asked to have a representative available during the Funding Committee meeting(s).
PAF results will be out in Early-Mid January
- This year’s PAF timeline has been delayed, due to challenges with meeting quorum for reviewing and approving applications. PAF requires that all decisions of the PAF Funding Committee shall be made by a majority (50%+1) vote and require a quorum of three, including at least one faculty member and one student.
- Assuming quorum is met, we are hoping to have final decisions out to applicants by mid-December.
Who needs to complete this year’s mandatory training sessions?
**More information about safety and risk management training can be found here.
Questions? Contact email@example.com.